App store and Microsoft account

Reaction score
When i try and download apps from the store it makes me sign in with my Microsoft account.

For security reasons my Microsoft account is quite complicated

After i sign in with the Microsoft account the next time i start my computer i have to use the Microsoft password and because its so complicated that is just not practical.

Is there not a way i can access the store without this Microsoft account password

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is there not a way i can access the store without this Microsoft account password
The only way I know to avoid this, is if you are logging onto the Computer with your Microsoft Account. Then it will automatically log into the Microsoft Store as the current user who is logged onto the machine.

Reaction score
The only way I know to avoid this, is if you are logging onto the Computer with your Microsoft Account. Then it will automatically log into the Microsoft Store as the current user who is logged onto the machine.

Thanks trouble

I am only logging onto the computer with a local account as my Microsoft password is so complicated i cant remember it.

I use outlook 2013 to get my emails that way i outlook remembers my password

I think it would be a backwards step to compromise mu microsoft password just to log onto my computer

Reaction score
How is it compromising to log into Windows with Microsoft password? All you have to remember is if you have someone that you are concerned about then log off. You should be able to go to Microsoft and recover password. Make it something you can remember. I have been logged in with Microsoft Account for years with Windows Phone as well as 8 and 8.1.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think it would be a backwards step to compromise mu microsoft password just to log onto my computer
Probably so.... especially if you don't know what it is.

Reaction score
Probably so.... especially if you don't know what it is.

Hi Trouble & Roddie thanks for you advice

I did have a reasonable password for my Microsoft account and it got hacked twice (Not by someone local it was in another country) It was a nightmare getting it back so now i have a 20 character password

Since using this long password Using Upper case, and lower case, numbers, and special characters i have not had any more problems and it is not possible to remember it

So making it shorter will be a compromise in my opinion

Reaction score
Change your password to a long phrase that only you would know. Hard to crack, easy to remember. Most times when someone is hacked, it's through malware anyways. Complicated passwords won't help you there.

Reaction score
Change your password to a long phrase that only you would know. Hard to crack, easy to remember. Most times when someone is hacked, it's through malware anyways. Complicated passwords won't help you there.

Thanks for the advise

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You might also want to consider using the native Windows 10 native account sign-in options to augment your complicated password with a PIN and or a Picture Password, so it will be easy for you locally but still protect your MS Account.

Reaction score
You might also want to consider using the native Windows 10 native account sign-in options to augment your complicated password with a PIN and or a Picture Password, so it will be easy for you locally but still protect your MS Account.

Thanks Trouble i have already looked at the Pin option and i think thats the way for me to go.

If i am correct if i use a pin you have to be on the relevant computer to log on it cant be done remotely. is that right

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes... I believe that is correct.
I believe that is a facility for the local computer only, and is not useable anywhere else, like you can't use it as a substitute for your MS Account password when logging in through the web "Live Login", to your MS account there.

Ask a Question