SOLVED Microsoft Word 10 problems

Reaction score
I downloaded Windows 10 earlier today and I am now having a problem with Word. Because I make cards and Wedding Stationery I use Word all the time. Now, if I print a document I created with earlier with Windows 7, it does not print full size with Windows 10. Also when I add a shape or text box it does not print as big as the measurements I specified in Word eg a 9.5 x 13.75cm text box prints as 8.7 x 13cm. I really need to know that something I print will be the size I want it to be!

Reaction score
Hi Lainey,

I had the same problem. I had the word document set to A4 and the printer set to A4 however during the upgrade the printer default setting was changed to Letter (damn yankee paper). I reset the printer settings to A4 and the problem has gone. Hope it works for you.

David

Reaction score
Hi Lainey,

I had the same problem. I had the word document set to A4 and the printer set to A4 however during the upgrade the printer default setting was changed to Letter (damn yankee paper). I reset the printer settings to A4 and the problem has gone. Hope it works for you.

David
Hi David,

Many thanks for your reply, I have just followed your advice and it works, BRILLIANT! I was changing the paper size manually every time I created a new document but never thought to look at the default settings for the printer, I mean, I downloaded Windows 10 on my laptop...
Good job well done.
Thanks again.

Ask a Question