Mouse Cursor Hanging Up In Corners

Reaction score
I am new to using Windows 10 - 'just upgraded from Windows 7 about 3 days ago. So far I'm enjoying it except for the trouble I'm having with my mouse cursor. Any time I transfer to another monitor (I run a 3 monitor setup), my mouse cursor gets stuck if I try to move to the next screen via the corners of my screens.

I've read everything I could on every forum I could regarding registry edits and disabling various features and nothing seems to work. As far as registry editing goes, everything I read is for Windows 8.1 and my machine doesn't even HAVE the registry keys mentioned in those work arounds.

If anyone has solved this issue for Windows 10, for the love of god please let me in on the secret! It's very frustrating and counter intuitive to keeping my Windows experience productive and ultimately a bit of a deal breaker.

Reaction score
This is a common problem when moving maximized windows. It happens to me too. It has something to do with Hot Corners and Snap and only happens when your mouse is at the top of the screen and you slide your mouse, dragging the open windows across the top. I think/call this is a bug and ask that you report it to Microsoft. In your search box, start typing feedback and when click on Windows Feedback and complain.

As a workaround, quickly double-click on the top bar of your open window to minimize the window, then you can drag it back and forth between monitors. It is only when the windows are maximized.

Another alternative is to use a multi-monitor utility like UltraMon which I use – not free, but worth it IMO. See also the free DisplayFusion. I have not used this many multi-monitor users like it.

Ask a Question