Move/migrate programs from SSD C: to HDD D:

Reaction score
One reason why I ALWAYS prefer to use the portable version of an application if available. I also make a copy of the desktop folder with all the shortcuts. In this situation in the event of requiring formatting and reinstallation of OS my applications are functional without much ado. Just copy back/restore the saved desktop folder shortcuts.
Many thanks for your sound adise. Best regards.

Reaction score
As the Registry holds all of the locations of programs installed on your device, you cannot just copy the programs across. That would screw up the registry somewhat.

But there are simple programs which will sort it out for you.

Try this:-

Reaction score
Get a bigger SSD, they are pretty cheap. Download the free version of easeus todo backup. You will also need a bridge or a dock to connect the new SSD to the laptop. Clone the current SSD to the new one and install it in place of the current SSD. You can now wipe the current drive and use it as an external with your bridge used for cloning.
The question I have is, what's filling the SSD? IS it garbage, programs, movies or what. Run Disk cleanup and click the system button. When it finally opens look for previous windows versions and delete that if you find one. That will clear up 20-almost 30 gig of uselessness that will slow you down and waste space.I have a lot on my 250gn SSD and it's half full
Hello:

My laptop have a start SDD C: and an aditional HDD D:

My SDD C: is almost full with WIN 10 OS and I need to move/migrate application programs to HDD D: WITHOUT UNISTALLING/INSTALLING ALL THEM

¿Is there a safe way to do that?

TYIA
Many thanks to all you. I gathered a huge bunch of information regarding solutions to solve my issue. I must study/evaluate all them. MANY, MANY THANKS!!! I am an old person and it will take some time to do tat and to see what I can

As the Registry holds all of the locations of programs installed on your device, you cannot just copy the programs across. That would screw up the registry somewhat.

Many thaks for your answer

Ask a Question