SOLVED Moving from Firefox Browser

Reaction score
Firefox has been my browser of choice for years but now it seems they have changed a bit too much for me. I am now trying the Opera browser.
I could use some advice and suggestions about browsers since I have, as previously stated, been using Firefox for such a long time.

Reaction score
I moved from Firefox quite a few years ago, although I do have it installed and use it for private browsing just because it allows me to run addons in the private browser. I moved to Chrome, but recently moved back to Opera which I used many years ago. Speed wise there's not much difference between Chrome and Opera. The're both based on Chromium. You just have to experiment with different browsers and see what you're most comfortable with. I like Opera because it has Speed Dial built in, which is something I used an extension for in both Firefox and Chrome. Another nice feature to Opera is there's an extension that allows you to run Chrome extensions.

Reaction score
i have opera, firefox, sea monkey, chrome, epic privacy, brave and iron...so far, my picks are opera, chrome, iron and brave. excluding edge, i give edge a low rating of 1...dont ask me why, long story.:oops:

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.
I am really leaning toward Opera for a number of reasons. Speed Dial is one.
I agree, I just don't like Edge. At this moment, I cannot give a good reason why I don't like it, but I don't even have it on my Desktop.

Reaction score
I just installed Opera which I have not used in decades. I am pleasantly surprised about the design and speed so far (Import of my FF settings finished without a hitch, ready to roll). Now I just have to figure out how to backup the profile....

Reaction score
I like Vivaldi although it does have a bit different appearance. SeaMonkey is good in some circumstances because it includes a built-in E-Mail Client. Just installed WaterFox, looking good so far. I even still have Safari on a Win10 Notebook.

As for appearance that is different there is the File Explorer alternative called Immersive Explorer.

Reaction score
Again thanks to all for your suggestions.
I have opted for Opera. Might change in time but for now, that's it.

Reaction score
I have 4 browsers on my PCs, Firefox, Chrome, IE11, and Edge. I use Edge about 80% of the time, but it doesn't play nice with a few sites so use Chrome or IE11. Firefox is my least favourite, and I suspect it's all about preferences and what a user gets used to.

Reaction score
" I use Edge about 80% of the time, but it doesn't play nice with a few sites"
Interesting. As an Edge user, I would be rateful if you could post a couple of the sites? I would like to try them.

Reaction score
One site I need for my security cameras is "MyDlink". Works good with IE11 but not Edge, I get a message "unsupported browser". There are a few others, but I just use another browser so it isn't a real problem and Edge is changing soon so I haven't pursued it.

Reaction score
That is possibly a solution. But, fwiw, Dlink , and all its functions, work perfectly for me, with Edge.

Reaction score
Forgot to reply to this earlier, but Mydlink only works with specific browsers, and Edge isn't one of them.

Ask a Question