Moving Pictures on Camera/Phone

Reaction score
With Windows 7, I can plug my phone into the USB and move my pictures into folders on my camera settings.

With Windows 10, I cannot move any - even if logged in as an administrator.

With Windows 10, I can copy the files to the Windows 10 PC, delete the files on the phone's camera folder, and then copy those files from the Windows 10 PC back onto the camera folder that I want them in.

That just seems like a big hassle.

Is there a Registry setting or Local Policy setting that I can change that will allow me to simply move my pictures from one folder to another on a phone's camera folder like I do on Windows 7?

Reaction score
Moving Pictures by RUSH

Attachments

• moving pictures.JPG
    moving pictures.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 432
Reaction score
How is your phone setup? Is it set up as Media device (MTP with access to memorycards) or as PTP (with access to internal memory only) ?

Reaction score
How is your phone setup? Is it set up as Media device (MTP with access to memorycards) or as PTP (with access to internal memory only) ?
Media Device.

On Windows 7 and Windows 10, I can "drag-n-drop" anything from the phone to the PC, and I can copy anything from the PC over to the phone's storage.

On Windows 7, I can copy files from "SD > DCIM > Camera" to "SD > DCIM > Camera > 2016" (or whatever other backup folder I want to store them in). On Windows 10, there is the Marque Style progress bar that makes it look like it is going to take a little while, but it will never start moving the files and the progress bar will sit there forever.

Ask a Question