MS Pulled/Paused October 2018 Update

Reaction score
Hey Gideon, glad to hear from you again, it has been a while.
I was under the impression that they had dropped that particular "ring" from our list of public choices.
Evidently you can still choose it, but.... only IF

SOURCE: https://insider.windows.com/en-us/how-to-overview/

I did notice that there was very little if any talk about this build and the "Release Preview Ring". I actually didn't think much of it at the time.

This is probably possible for those still in the IP , I am not and MS released the MCT on 10.2.2018 but the plan was not to put it on WU till 10.9.2018. It seems to me that MS dropped the ball on this. They maybe should do away with Taco Hats, Ninja Cats and Butterfly dresses and test things and maybe read The Hub as this problem was reported to The hub 3 months ago. I am using Linux quite often after a 10 year absence and find it quite stable.
Microsoft needs to concentrate on Windows and not try to save the world. This new release every 6 months is bullshit. Have a fast/slow/skip ahead ring is also nuts. I hope this issue is resolved tomorrow seeing that it is patch Tuesday. For me this build runs great so I hope MS does not mess it up. Talk later. Take care Randy.:)

reports.jpg

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I did a wipe and clean install, from USB media that I created from the ISO using Rufus.
All is good with the exception of the two minor Task Manager Issues, which I assume will be fixed with a Cumulative Update rather that another build.

Reaction score
Gideon. I agree that Ms Sarkar seems to be spending far to much time floating around the world and perhaps should either give up the WI job for a marketing gig or just get back to business and testing stuff.

Reaction score
Is there any news out yet when the new system will be re-released?? The CU is already out today
As of now, the MCT and upgrade assistant point to the April2018 update (1803).

Reaction score
Is there any news out yet when the new system will be re-released??
It appears the re-release has gone to the Insiders for testing. Probably, depending on how that turns out, will determine when that version goes public.

Keep in mind, it has been stated if you are not currently having problems, you are OK.

Reaction score
I believe 1809 has been released and is available again.
http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=1809

That is not the recently released and pulled 1809. That is only the ADMIN center for the server version, the first one that is. All others are updates, updates as in

KB4465477 Servicing Stack update for 1809
KB4464330 Cumulative Update for 1809 (brings it to 17763.55)

BTW: the catalog does not offer ISO's or other installation media, only Updates

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No problem, I think we're all a little gun-shy chasing shadows.
This giant sized pool we're all in with Windows 10 doesn't seem to have a shallow end so we're all left tread'n water trying to stay afloat....
AND
Microsoft doesn't seem adverse to pee'n in it every so often

Reaction score
Yeah, MS is getting more and more sloppy. I hope there will be heads rolling or are there already??
I think I am gonna stick with the April Update so far as it is very stable for what I am doing with it. I even have delayed feature updates for 60 days but I may change my mind at any given time due to older age.

Reaction score
My advice to all is 'Backup Your System Regularly' of your boot and slave drives. I have been backing up my system with 'Macrium Reflect v7' for ages, Macrium Reflect v7 is a very reliable way of a backup especially if you get a 'Blue Screen of Death' and you can't boot into Windows from an update e.g. like 1809 or any other glitches with windows. Better to be safe then sorry, that is my serious advice to all that use any OP system and/or want to be safe. Its not a hard thing to do and all your data can be protected and kept safe. With Macrium Reflect v7 > go to the program and to > 'Backup Task' > then select > 'Image selected disks on this computer' type backup and that will backup all your files on all your discs on your computer, its a very easy and efficient way to backup your system regularly but and also make sure that you have made a 'Rescue Media' on a USB drive, so that you can boot into 'Macrium PE' if your computer doesn't boot and gets a 'Blue Screen of Death', you can do this within 'Macrium Reflect v7 at 'Other Tasks' > 'Create Rescue Media' etc, this is the only way to keep your files safe so that you can reinstall whenever/whatever you have lost within windows and do a complete 'Restore', hope this helps, cheers! Also see attachment below for info.

Attachments

• MRv7.JPG
    MRv7.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Reaction score
There's more to this 1809 than what MS is telling us. Maybe heads are rolling or a class action Lawsuit pending?
I'm afraid that MS and their pushing of Window 10 to gain market shares has gone the same way as VW, that is MS have lost user confidence in their product.