SOLVED ms-setting:display and ms-personalization-background problem

Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem. Different apps operating erratically and no access to settings. Let's get this one sorted - I've been up 48hrs already!

Reaction score
Unlike the other post my Win 10 is not a upgrade but a fresh install. Not sure if it was the large service pack update on earlier in the month but it did not happen right after that but now I have the personalization error and settings box will not open at all with no error showing. I tried the fix it tool mentioned it says it does not see any issue.

Reaction score
OK. My system is working again after I managed an update incl to grahics card. Rght and left controls had changed and after changing them back I had more control, was able to update and no problems since. Wish I could help you more. I didn't use any software.

Reaction score
I have the same problem when i want to change setting desktop. I have run CSSEmerg67758 but the error does not fix.
Do you have any way to fix this problem ?

Reaction score
Obviously the problem is not solved. I ran the diagnostic and I still have the same problem. Anyone knows what to do? How to solve this problem?

Reaction score
Hi

When I right click on my desktop of my new installation of Window 10 and I select Personalize or Display setting in popup menu I have an error message who say : This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or...

See file attached.

Thanks in advance for your help

Pierre
so what do i do to get it working

Reaction score
Hello,

last update have same issue, and it seems annoying and no answer till now.
any help please

Reaction score
i tried those methods but none of them worked for me. I wasn't even able to open setting menu to reset my windows. After trying lots of techniques in two days, I have fixed this issue by using Free Windows Registry Repair 4.3 then i have updated my windows 10 from shutdown and restarting menu. i hope this helps you too.

Ask a Question