My Macrium disc image rerfuses torestore. Win PE mentioned.

Reaction score
Having successfully completed a trial restore of a Full Macrium image from within Macrium a month ago, I needed to do it for real today. It refused (please see the attachment). The progress bar goes on for ever.

What can I do please?

EDIT: The checkbox for Win PE is greyed. This refusal to restore did not happen last time. I can't see anything called Windows Boot Menu Option.
Faulty restore.JPG

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I know some of our membership uses Macrium for their disk imaging but unfortunately I do not, preferring instead to use Acronis True Image Home.
Hopefully one of those members will have some suggestions as to how to proceed.
Perhaps it wants you to boot from the Macrium Reflect rescue media that you may have or should have created in advance
http://www.macrium.com/webhelp/Starting_with_the_rescue_CD.asp
OR
Perhaps this might help
http://www.macrium.com/webhelp/Partitions_to_overwrite.asp#lock

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't have a rescue CD/DVD. I didn't know about it and will make one after I get out of this present hole.

On your second reference, the window shown is different from what I get. The answer seems to be getting Windows PE to be there for Macrium to restore. Macrium offers Restore > Add a boot menu option to start the reflect recovery environment. I'm not expert enough to get involved in changing anything in the Boot Menu and would rather wait for some expert user of Macrium to give advice (there are plenty of Macrium users in this forum).

The odd thing is that when some time ago I successfully rehearsed restoring from a backup, from within Maxcrium as in the present case, it went ahead automatically and completed the restore.

Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question