My password has become ineffective.

Reaction score
For weeks now, I have been battling to get into my M.S. account. Every time I try to sign in , it says either my user name or password is not correct. Many times I am instructed to reset my password which results in a long list of passwords or usernames many of which are noted with a date and time when they have been successful. After hours of research I have deducted a possibility which may have caused my problem. Quite often when I enter my username (which I have had for around 10 years or more) I get this note saying my username doesn't exist. It also gives me a clue that I should check with my administrator. I most certainly know I have never signed up as an admin as I am the only user of this computer. Now I know that this subject is not really in your sphere of influence but perhaps you may be able to guide me to an area where I may be able to get myself out of this tangled mess.

Reaction score
I've just had this with my laptop, had to wipe the whole thing and start afresh unfortunately with a different password

Reaction score
I know this is off topic but I will have something fail on my computer and it says I should contact my administrator yet I am admin.

Reaction score
If you can't get in your laptop then the last resort which i will suggest is to reinstall your windows OS and make a new account.

Ask a Question