Pao

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My Laptop is

HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0004la
AMD Ryzen 7 Mobile 3750H
16 GB Bytes
NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

Couple of days ago i set up a Bios Password but unfortunately i forget it.
i tried all the password that i usually using, but no luck, and now i can't
access the BIOS setting in order to changing my needs or Boot ordered.

i tried and tired to following too many videos and instruction in YouTube and too many
different websites and i can't.

Ps: i tried to know where is the BIOS battery to trying one of the tricky the peoples
said, but i open my laptop completely and i think there is no BIOS Battery in this laptop.

Now i can't changing the boot order to loading from USB,,,etc.

So any advises or suggestions.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Desktop motherboards often have a coupld of pins that you short out for a few seconds to reset the bios. I don't know about laptops.

Reaction score
The BIOS battery may be under the hard drive or under one of the memory modules.

Reaction score
I would suggest you contact HP tech support, its likely that pulling the BIOS Battery will not remove that password even if you find where it is.

Reaction score
This is also a grey area in support circles as we don’t know whether the PC belongs to the user. Many forums don’t allow members to offer workarounds/hacks for bypassing passwords at all due to this.

Reaction score
Hey there,
Sorry to hear about your BIOS password trouble. It sounds like you've already put in a lot of effort trying to resolve it. Have you considered reaching out to Nick Squires? He is a BIOS password recovery expert who might have specific solutions tailored to your model. Good luck!

Reaction score
I would suggest you contact HP tech support, its likely that pulling the BIOS Battery will not remove that password even if you find where it is.
Right, merely removing the CMOS battery may not work but letting the computer remain unconnected from any power along with that battery removal for a period of time may do the job, let all the residual power drain off the motherboard. I've left machines set overnight to do it. Shorting the pins has been more immediate when available.

Reaction score
I would try turning off the PC, removing all peripherals, unplugging the power, removing the battery (if a laptop) then remove the CMOS battery. Then long press on the power button to disperse any residual energy & leave it for a few minutes - I left mine for 30. Then reconnect everything.

Ask a Question