BIOS screen

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I've change the resolution on my monitor (TV) and now my BIOS screen does not fit my monitor screen...it's too big. I've reverted the resolution and changed it just to about every setting I can and still it's oversized. I've now done a clean install and the BIOS screen is still to big. I'm at a loss.....

mobo; M4N78 Pro
cpu: AMD Phenom X II 965
gpu: EVGA gtx 1060 3gb

The only thing I haven't tried is clearing the CMOS.....I just don't want to take out my GPU to access the battery.

Reaction score
Hi bassfisher,

check the aspect ratio button on your TV remote (the one that changes the screen between 4.3, 16.9 etc). :) BIOS would normally display in low res so you would have to select the correct ratio (4.3 maybe?). :)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfie....I already thought of that and would have done that as well. BUT, this is a hand me down TV from a neighbor that has no remote. The TV itself has some buttons on the side and I've been through all those and a big fat NADA.

Reaction score
What kind of TV (Brand,model#,age) and how did you connect it to the computer (HDMI,Composite)?
TV's only can display resolutions as in 480 (i,p),720(i,p) or 1080(i,p). anything that is not in that range, will be displayed out of proportion.

Reaction score
Hi Bass,

what is the make and model as @Grizzly asks?, it might be possible to find a handbook for it on the web?. :)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
It's a Sansui model #SLEDVD244

it's states it's from 2013 and I connected it with HDMI cable to GTX 1060 3Gb

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
TV's only can display resolutions as in 480 (i,p),720(i,p) or 1080(i,p). anything that is not in that range, will be displayed out of proportion.
I understand that....but the issue is "ONLY" on the BIOS screen.....in regular use......it works just fine.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Like I said....it's a hand me down from a neighbor. They lost the remote for it and the DVD player part of it quit working. I can't complain about it .....it was free.

I have 2 old Samsung 21" monitors I can hook back up....but the reason I switched to the TV is; it's a bigger screen size and with my eyes being as they are....it makes a difference with the larger size.

With this damn Covid-19 lock down crap.....price gouging is rampant on the net. There's nothing locally as the shelves are almost bare for all non-essential items.....ie electronics. So buying something new now is almost impossible for a reasonable price.

Reaction score
Also keep in mind that viewing the BIOS does not have the drivers necessary for some things and that won't load until the Operating System does, only get built-in defaults, another example would be the BIOS supporting USB 2 but unless very new not USB 3 which is done by the OS.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I think the problem with not selling is more directed at having to provide after-sale service such as setting up a new unit, the closeness needed to work with a customer. Then there's the problems with the supply channels not having the products, not having people to deliver, etc. A lot of us haven't realized how interwoven things are in satisfying our needs and wants until this change happened.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
However you may be better off with a 32" if your sight is as bad as you say.
I've been looking at those....and just windows shopping in person.....and at 3 feet away...it's almost perfect for me with out my readers. Freaking Walmart had a 32" cheapo for $75 and I should have got it then. Of course now there is none.

Reaction score
Hi Bass,

page 8 of that manual looks promising using the buttons on the side of the TV?. :)

Reaction score
It's not your BIOS it's the TV settings, mine (DYNEX) does something similar if I change the picture size. See if you can access this part of your TV's settings from the side buttons:

Display->Picture Size

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Apparently the menu button and the volume down button are one and the same.....so nothing happens.

Reaction score
Apparently the menu button and the volume down button are one and the same.....so nothing happens.
If I read it right (the page in the manual), you press and hold VOL +/- together and the onscreen menu should appear!. I said page 8 but it is page 9!. :)

Reaction score
Scanning the thread, I think Bighorns comment "the BIOS does not have the drivers necessary " is the significant one. I would say it is something you will have to live with (or buy another monitor) I am low budget and , using an old monitor, I have exactly the same problem - that is apart from the monitor weighing half a ton!!

Ask a Question