My USB Drive On My Windows 10 E4300 Doesn't Work, Help Me To Get It Working

Reaction score
Hi my name is CarlaBad , I am dealing with a non working USB drive (There is only 1 on my laptop) when I plug my devices such as my smartphone, flash drive and mouse, my laptop doesn't detect or display the device. It was working fine almost a month ago, now see it costs too much money for me to repair and buy a new laptop, I searched google for solutions, tried out a few nothing has helped, feel free those who read this post to send any and all suggestions and solutions that will bring new life to my USB compartment, thank you.

Sincerely,

Carla

Reaction score
Hi my name is CarlaBad, need help to get my USB drive of my dell Latitude E4300 to work again, when I plug in devices, currently no icon shows up whether mp3 player, flash drive, and smartphone, feel free to reply anytime, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry, no one seems to have caught your posts in a timely manner.
One was in a printer thread, and since the computer is not a printer I merged it with your other post in the support forum.
The first thing we need to know is which version and build number are you using (Windows 10) also the bit version (32 or 64 bit) and are you still having the problem with your USB ports?
That particular computer seems to have been a Vista computer and according to Dell
Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade
Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.
SOURCE: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-e4300/drivers?os=wlh

Your best bet might be to go to Dell's support site and plug in your service tag number and attempt to use the latest Windows 7 drivers that match your system architecture (32 or 64 bit) and follow along with this guide
http://www.dell.com/support/Article/us/en/4/SLN285329/EN
Looks like the chipset driver might help with some USB issues.
Maybe coordinate the images there with what you might be seeing in Device Manager.

Again, my apoligies for the very late reply. Hope you've already found a solution. IF so, please let us know how you're getting along with Windows 10.

Ask a Question