Need Assistance Changing Boot Manager

Reaction score
Hi All,
I recently rebuilt my PC and installed Windows 10. I then decided I wanted to have Windows 7 available just in case. I partitioned my primary HD and installed Windows 7. In other words, I installed Windows 7 AFTER Windows 10 for a dual-boot system. I was surprised to see the Windows 7 Boot Manager screen appear instead of the Windows 10 Boot Manager. I guess I did this backwards as it appears installing Windows 10 AFTER Windows 7 is more common.

I did boot into Windows 10 and made it the default OS thinking that might remedy the situation but nothing changed.

Is there a way to edit/change/modify the boot manager to use the Windows 10 screen instead of the Windows 7 screen?

Thanks for any help!
John

Reaction score
You should be able to change boot default with EasyBCD. I haven't used it since dual booting Ubuntu, but I believe you can do that.

Reaction score
You should be able to change boot default with EasyBCD. I haven't used it since dual booting Ubuntu, but I believe you can do that.

Thanks, BigFeet! I'll give that a shot. I tried bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard from a admin command prompt. It ran successfully but nothing changed.

John

Ask a Question