Need help-Feeling hopeless !

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how can I find another software or Program compatible with "Microsoft Works".

Why did Microsoft discontinued providing the software is a Big Mystery to me. If it was to save money, then it was a
BIG mistake, I created spreadsheets that I cannot use in Windows 10 because the formatting or something like that, doesn't
allow it to open.

Hope someone can advise me what to do or where to search.

Reaction score
File formats that are not supported in Excel 2007
Microsoft Works - .wks - Microsoft Works file format (all versions)

LibreOffice 4.3 boosts document compatibility

Version 4.3 of LibreOffice, the free and open source productivity suite developed by the Document Foundation and derived from the OpenOffice.org project, was released today. Aside from the usual array of bug fixes and new features designed to make it more cross-compatible with Microsoft Office, version 4.3 has features that give files from legacy Macintosh productivity software a new lease on life.

Most of the improvements around file handling in 4.3 involve better support for various aspects of the Office Open XML (OOXML) format used by Microsoft for its productivity software. LibreOffice users have often complained of opening Word 2010 or Word 2013 documents and finding that the formatting had been mangled or features like annotations hadn't survive being resaved in LibreOffice. Version 4.3 preserves many more of the attributes used in OOXML documents, such as style attributes for text and images.

Also new to this edition of LibreOffice is import support for document formats created by a slew of legacy Macintosh applications: BeagleWorks, ClarisWorks, Claris Resolve, GreatWorks, MacWorks, SuperPaint, and Wingz. Likewise, Microsoft Works spreadsheets and databases -- not just word processing documents -- can now also be imported into LibreOffice.
<snip>

So it looks as if you can import to LibreOffice and then to Microsoft Office. That is if you prefer using Microsoft products over LibreOffice (or other office suites)

Reaction score
Gil - Did you resolve your issue with MS Works?

If not, you might refer to the post by Trouble in the Software discussion are regarding MS Office alternatives. He led me to LibreOffice (free of charge) which has been an excellent substitute for MS Office07 and for MS Works. https://www.libreoffice.org/

Also, Clifford [above] had the same recommendation.

Best of luck.

Ask a Question