Need help reinstalling win 10

Reaction score
This is nearly driving me insane. I'm ready to go spend $200 at Bestbuy geek squad because this is giving me such a headache. I'm not a technical person. I'm a tired and stressed grad student that has too much on my plate than figuring this thing out.

Way back when you used to just stick your windows DVD in the optical drive, reboot the system, and it'll reboot using the dvd. Simple as that.

My current problem: we got a monster gaming PC (not for gaming purposes), and a few days after getting it, it got a bug that hogs ALL our network. Basically when this computer is on, the internet is reduced to none on all devices. Therefore, this PC CANNOT get online at all. Cannot download any apps or programs. Cannot download any iso files. Cannot download any recovery whatever. My idea was to reinstall windows on this PC, and I turned off the wifi so it can at least work. When I tried to reset the computer, it's asking for the Recovery Environment, and after digging around for what that was, it turns out I need to download some things on my computer to reinstall it.

Tools I have:

A windows 8 laptop in working condition that can go online.
A 30 gig usb flashdrive
A win 10 reinstallation DVD from the manufacturer which I have no idea how to use. The PC also have the win 10 product key on the back of it.
The ibuypower gaming PC (a baby that's over 1 month old) with no internet connection and that needs to have wiped out completely and a new windows 10 installed on it. I would prefer EVERYTHING and I mean EVERY SINGLE BYTE of it erased to smithereens for a fresh new start.
There's NO RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT detected on this comp

If anyone can give me the easiest way to do that with the least steps possible, without getting into the bios and all that technical stuff, I'd appreciate that. If there is no way to do this, then I'm just taking the comp to the geek squad and forget about it. That or throw it out the window. The second option is free.

My knowledge of antivirus software is rudimentary, and if anything involves more than 3 steps I'll give up, because I just don't have brain juices left over to think about this stuff any more than for 10 minutes.

Thanks for reading my rant and I appreciate anyone that replies.

Reaction score
Posting on my knee in a waiting room at the moment, so it is inconvenient to get too involved. But please do not spend any cash!. Your problem, at face value, looks pretty simple to solve.
If I cannot get back to you in the next day, there are some good guys on the forum who will certainly step in.

Reaction score
Has this big machine got Windows 10 on it now?
Do you have a W10 password for it, preferably a MS account password?

if so then click on start. hold down the shift key and click restart.

That should restart into the recovery mode. From there you can do a full reset of the machine.

OR download a full Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft ( nowhere else!!!!!!) on the laptop and using Rufus ( free small download) make a thumb drive**** with a brand new W10 and boot the big machine from that. But you may need to go into the bios to tell the machine to boot from a thumb drive, Sorry.

**** W10 full install is now bigger than a DVD by just a bit so unless you have double sided DVD capabity a thumb drive is better.

This bug that hangs the networking is interesting and you can start to attack that by running task manager ( right click on the task bar) and see what non-microsoft stuff is starting up. But a full clean reload would be better imho.

Reaction score
Update: I took it to a PC guy who'll do it for a lot cheaper than geek squad.

I did open the task manager to see where the problem was, but didn't find anything. I mean if I spent more time on it I would've been able to solve it, but just super busy irl.

Ask a Question