SOLVED Need to remove my desktop wallpaper

Reaction score
I have created new descktop wallpaper from the screen capture, but it does not fill the desktop.
This replaced my rotating background scheme and also removerd any option of getting it back.
My personalization is grayed out on account od new MOBO and Win not activated, so now I am stuck with
a bad fittin Walpaper.
Is there any way I can remove it and restore my original slide background?
Thanks for any help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As far as a bad fitting desktop background picture, you should be able to right click any picture in your pictures folder and choose to set as desktop background
But, I'm affraid that "personalization" is going to require that Windows 10 be activated.

Reaction score
As far as a bad fitting desktop background picture, you should be able to right click any picture in your pictures folder and choose to set as desktop background
But, I'm affraid that "personalization" is going to require that Windows 10 be activated.

Not much help here. No idea where the walpaper picture is located - it is not in my picture folder.
Activation will not be happening as it is not free and my MOBO was fried by the crappy upgrade to Winodows 10.
That cost me 3 month of lost computer time and money for new MOBO.
Besides I do not want to remove the Personalization block - only the walpaper.
The original Background slide show I could not change, but it worked.
Any creative ideas? There must be entry in Registry I can edit.

Reaction score
Have you tried activating by phone and explaining that your MOBO died....don't tell them you think it was W10 that did it! Doesn't work all the time but it does work....for the cost of an hour on the phone.

Reaction score
Have you tried activating by phone and explaining that your MOBO died....don't tell them you think it was W10 that did it! Doesn't work all the time but it does work....for the cost of an hour on the phone.

My mistake telling exactly what happened - and yes, the upgrade was solely responsible for frying my MOBO.
Not only that, but also drained my metered IP sub. This was by repetedly crashing/locking up.
After many tries in which one projected it will be done in 53 hours at 97% finished !!???
The only option was to pul cord out of the wall each time and reboot.
I have achieved the upgrade only to start and screen turning black. UEFI joke have not listed a single USB, DVD/CD or HDD. No more reboot, no restore, no nothing. No BIOS, no UEFI. Fried.
Yes, I have phoned for activation - 2 times. No luck .
All the product numbers given to me by microsoft no longer worksd? What a BS.
Microsoft just wants blood - and I am drained.
Have just discovered that I can not even fully shut down this OS as the fast start checkmark is grayed out.
That in turn screws my external USB drives so no other system can mount them.
Microsoft MO I have encountered in the past with IBM WARP.
So BS aside - how do I remove my wallpaper?.

Reaction score
Have solved my wallpaper problem.
Have found the location of the picture, deleted it.
Then cropped the original and resized it with FastStone image editor which also made the new wallpaper.
Part two - Did not get my background slide show working again - just a blue screen when the wall paper was removed.
The background slide show I could not change when was running, but have looked at it for over a year now,
so actually a good riddance.
I can change wallpapers just as easy with few more clicks.

Thank you Tim for your replys
Tony

Ask a Question