SOLVED Netflix Error W8156-80070057

Reaction score
Had my granddaughter over today and she wanted to watch a movie on Netflix. I cannot get Netflix to work on the latest release of Windows 10. Logs me in, show the movies selection and if I click on one it loads about 97% and then crashes with this error: W8156-80070057. Works fine on my iPad. Haven't tried watching Netflix in a while so I don't know when it stopped working but long after I started testing the Preview.

Indicates that it has a problem with protected video. All the latest updates seem to be installed.

Michael

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hey Rev.....
Sorry to hear about the issue.
There was a recent Store Update for Netflix. In fact there are a lot of recent Store Updates including the Store itself.
After that Netflix worked fine for me.
netflix.JPG

Reaction score
Uninstalled Netflix and downloaded the latest from the Windows 10 STORE but still getting the same problem. Uninstalled it again and rebooted before downloading from the Windows 10 STORE again and it is now working fine.

Michael

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you managed to resolve your issue with Netflix.
Thanks for updating your thread with that information. It may help others with a similar issue.

Ask a Question