Does anyone else have no sound from netflix tile?

Reaction score
When I go to Netflix from the app tile. I have no sound. The speaker icon has a mute x on it. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, used the Microsoft Troubleshooter and even went to Netflix support. It does work through search engines, though. Is there anything that can be done or is this the same as the App Store situation. The P.C. I'm using is a HP envy select w/4600 graphic card.

Reaction score
Just to be clear, you mean sound from the tile in the Start Screen?

My account only allows two devices to actually watch content on and this system is not one of them. Maybe that is related to your situation, not sure but I am not currently getting sound from the Start Menu but I am seeing it rotate and give different views.

T_J

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Dell i3 desktop, W10 Home v 1607, and a Netflix subscription.
I just now added the free Netflix app from the W10 Microsoft Store to my Dell. I clicked on the Netflix tile in the start menu to start Netflix (either full screen or partial screen), and after selecting a show, Netflix works perfect (sound and picture). I normally use my Roku(s) to watch Netflix. My plan only allows 1 SD stream at a time; I currently have 4 devices linked to my Netflix account (only view 1 at a time: 3 Rokus and now my W10 Dell PC).
I recently added the Sling TV app from the W10 Microsoft Store to my Dell, and Sling TV app works great (sound and picture); usually watch Sling TV with my Roku 2 (4210R).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just to be clear, you mean sound from the tile in the Start Screen?

My account only allows two devices to actually watch content on and this system is not one of them. Maybe that is related to your situation, not sure but I am not currently getting sound from the Start Menu but I am seeing it rotate and give different views.
Try going to Netflix through edge google or firefox . The sound should work. Not through the start> Netflix tile,though

T_J

Reaction score
The Netflix tile in my Start Menu rotates with different views of show pictures exactly like Saltgrass and does not have sound BEFORE clicking on the tile in the start menu. However once I click on that rotating tile in the start menu to actually start the Netflix app, and select a show, there is sound in the selected show once streaming starts. I'm actually watching and listening to Parks and Recreation,S5:E5 "Halloween Surprise" right now, through the Start Menu > Netflix tile in Start Menu > Netflix (either partial or full screen).

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Netflix tile in my Start Menu rotates with different views of show pictures exactly like Saltgrass and does not have sound BEFORE clicking on the tile in the start menu. However once I click on that rotating tile in the start menu to actually start the Netflix app, and select a show, there is sound in the selected show once streaming starts. I'm actually watching and listening to Parks and Recreation,S5:E5 "Halloween Surprise" right now, through the Start Menu > Netflix tile in Start Menu > Netflix (either partial or full screen).
thank you. I don't have sound when watching a streamed movie, show or whatever.

Reaction score
I am watching a stream now and the sound seems to work fine. I can mute the sound from either the Netflix window or the taskbar or I can use the Function keys on the keyboard.

If it is just Netflix which doesn't give sound, I don't see any settings for audio type you could adjust. Some things you might check when you are supposed to be getting sound is to open the Playback devices window and see if the level meter is moving. Check all the meters in case the sound is being diverted to another device. But you should not have an X on the volume unless you have muted it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question