SOLVED Does this look a little strange to anyone?

Reaction score
I just upgraded by Gaming system from Windows 8.1 to 10. I expected some bumps but nothing like this.

Updates.JPG

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Saltgrass,

You are experiencing an error which has been ongoing for some time now.

Microsoft provided a solution for this some time ago now:
  • In your search box type Programs and Features | then press Enter key
  • Left click on the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 listed their | select Repair
  • Once repair is completed Restart computer

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
OK, thanks. I saw an x86 and x64 version so I select "change" and repair came up. I will wait an see if that update stops.

Reaction score
For me, it has ben ongoing for some years. I trawled and never got a firm reply from any source.
Have yo looked in "Pograms and features"? This is mine:

Capture.PNG

You could find these two threads interesting (and amusing!) The third answer in the second thread is on the money.

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...braries-on-my-computer?forum=w7itproappcompat

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...t-visual/d966bde7-4396-4d14-ab3d-04f0924a99f6

But the suggestions did nothing for me. I only have 64Bit software on my computer(s), but still got the 32Bits

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
For me, it has ben ongoing for some years. I trawled and never got a firm reply from any source.
Have yo looked in "Pograms and features"? This is mine:

View attachment 2687

You could find these two threads interesting (and amusing!) The third answer in the second thread is on the money.

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...braries-on-my-computer?forum=w7itproappcompat

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...t-visual/d966bde7-4396-4d14-ab3d-04f0924a99f6

But the suggestions did nothing for me. I only have 64Bit software on my computer(s), but still got the 32Bits
That is because some Apps still run as 32 bit which 64 bit will run
But 32bit will not run 64 bit

Reaction score
Dave, the threads you link are about how many different versions are installed and I do have all those versions. There is no way I can know what programs might be using the different versions and htconeM9user's comments seem to make sense.

What was different about this while I was watching the system check for updates, I was seeing the C++ updates being shown but then disappeared and I was never offered an install option.

If Regedit32's suggestion doesn't stop the updates, I will run the DISM commands.

I will post back if anything changes.

Reaction score
I should point out that the computer shown, was a brand new fresh installation. I had no Apps or other software installed. These updates came shortly afterwards.
I am aware of the 64Bit 32Bit situation, but still am puzzled by te Dates ( 2008 the first??) and , like yourself, wonder what they are powering. The duplication is totally acceptable, they are merely updates.

Just wanted to add. I took the chance of uninstalling them all..They came back within the day.

Reaction score
So far today the C++ update has not tried to reinstalled. I will watch it through tomorrow to see if anything changes but hopefully the repair suggestion worked.

I do see a Defender update pop up but it does not install.

My updated system has C++ versions 2005, 2008,2010,2012, and 2013... I remember when I was using a Quicken prior to 2015 it would load some old utilities but I have probably had other software on this system which may have also been involved.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I do see a Defender update pop up but it does not install.

Hi Saltgrass,

Thanks for the update. Hopefull your redistribution issue is now resolved.

Regarding Defender update not installing. If you are running an independent Antivirus application (Norton, McAfee, AGV, etcetera) your Windows Defender ought to have been disabled automatically to prevent issues with two Security applications conflicting with each other.

In that event Windows Defender updates in theory ought not to install.

To confirm this is the situation:
  • In Search box type Security and Maintenance | then press Enter key
  • In the right window pane click on Security to expand

You will now see what is turned on, off etcetera. If needed you can manually adjust settings there also.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question