SOLVED Network firewall not allowing Sonos controller through

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a windows problem or not, but I have been trying for about two weeks to connect to the Sonos Controller for PC app on my desktop. I have tried allowing the app to pass through on both private and public network, and have even disabled the windows Defender Firewall numerous times to get it to work. I have also been in contact through email with Sonos support trying to try different steps to work around this issue.

About a couple of months ago I had the Sonos Controller working on my PC, but something must have changed because I no longer can connect. The only thing that I have done differently is to install an Ethernet adapter card in the PC. All of the drivers are up to date. Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be great! Thanks!

Reaction score
Well, I solved my dilemma. I un-installed my VPN completely and removed my network adapter card. I then re-installed Sonos Controller and it works fine.

Ask a Question