Network Issue

Reaction score
We have 5 desktop HP all in one computers, one NAS, and 2 printers in our office, all hooked up on Cat6 ,after update 1803 we have had nothing but problems with devices not seeing each other, when you look in file manager at the network it shows all the device names but when you click on them some of them give a message saying 0x80070035 which is a network issue, when you unlpug the network and use wi fi only it shows everything and can connect to all devices from any computer, trouble is its so slooooowww, I have done a network reset, set the TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper to running, in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing I have removed HardwareID and store, Advanced TCP/IP Settings / and clicked enable NET Bios over TCP/IP, reset router, still the same, anyone had similar issues? Regards, Phil

Reaction score
As you may know the 0035 error means network path not found. I suppose you have checked your IP addresses and settings for Ethernet in Settings to make sure they are correct and you are not showing a Public network?

If you know the name of one of the systems can you reach it using the \\SystemName in Explorer?

What type of router are you using and have you checked for firmware updates for it?

Some of the latest Windows updates have been causing network problems such as DHCP when using a Domain server, but I am not the networking expert and have very little knowledge regarding Domain type operations.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Dont have a domain server as the computers are the Home version and I have heard they are not available in this version.
All other computers, printers and NAS can be seen in File explorer if its wifi only everthing works (slowly!) but if you try and acces via the cat 6 network it can be hit and miss as to whether you can see them, on a few computrers one will see desktop but that desktop wont see back???? but I think its a network/cable issue but not 100% sure, we have done a network cable test on one parrticular desktop that fails on the printer regularly and the test is fine.I have tried a different switch but no change, when you connect about 3 or 4 devices it seems to work ok but when you add more it just seem to go mad, sometimes asking for network password/user names, frustrating is not quite the word I would give to this problem! It was fine until backup 1803 then some printers would not work on the network without reinstalling again and again.

Reaction score
Is you NAS a wireless device or wired? If it is wired then the problem is still related to that. I might even assume it is the router itself since Ethernet connections are normally very stable.

With the Ethernet connection, can you ping the router? Have you run the Network troubleshooter?

You have checked you IP addresses and none overlap or duplicate?

There were a couple of Services @Trouble brought up regarding network discovery. If you look in Services you will see a couple of services named Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication. On my system The Function Discovery Provider Host is not running and set to a Manual trigger. The Function Discovery Resource Publication is running and set to Automatic for starting. Keep in mind, these services need to be checked on the systems you are trying to see and not just your current system.

I suppose your DHCP server, if you use it to set IP Addresses, has enough addresses allocated for its use for all your devices. All you devices would also include any devices which need an address, such as phones.

Ask a Question