SOLVED Networking issue since last update

Reaction score
Before updating to .250 I was at least able to see my network pc's, printers and NAS. Now I can go online but I do not have access to the other devices on my network anymore.
It seems to be a one way street though cause I still can access the faulty pc from my other devices. This happens only with Windows 10, not with Windows 7 (which I have as dualboot on that computer).

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Hi.

Silly question, is the network turned public or private?

Reaction score
private. weird thing is that it now works again and I have not changed anything.....

gonna mark it as solved... kinda....

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
We like self resolving issues.

From experience, the networking stack sometimes just needs a little more time, I think ill blame the Link Layer Topology Discovery in windows, it went sideways around XP SP3 and I doubt its had much attention in ways of re-factoring since then, just probably someone piling more on.

Anywho, have a nice day, put feet up and drink a beer when possible.

Reaction score
Before updating to .250 I was at least able to see my network pc's, printers and NAS. Now I can go online but I do not have access to the other devices on my network anymore.
It seems to be a one way street though cause I still can access the faulty pc from my other devices. This happens only with Windows 10, not with Windows 7 (which I have as dualboot on that computer).
You mean 15063.250, i.e. Creator Update.
Seems like a lot of network issues
My tablet has this issue: wifi fails to automatically reconnect after sleep. Icon in tray says it's connected with no internet.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...er-sleep/2596b501-366a-4b82-a5fd-4466eae7caad

Reaction score
Reconnecting wifi after sleep is also an issue. Usually I turn wifi off alltogether then turn it back on. If still fails, I run the troubleshooter and it resets the wifi card. Most of the time it works....

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
@Grizzly, That is a common issue with many devices, and its not a problem exclusive to Microsoft, when the computer resumes from sleep/hibernation/standby, if any portion of the drivers fail to reload you will notice that resetting device wont help. Only a reboot fixes it.

You could remove the check from Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power but this will do little or nothing to help, the problem is with the resume mechanisms in the OS that fail to reload devices and drivers consistently.

If you have issues like this often and you have a SSD, then just do a full shutdown instead of sleeping or hibernating, you lose 4 seconds instead of 30 secs trying to reset device to end up rebooting anyway.

Reaction score
I am totally agree with you and I also reboot my system if I have this type of little problem and issue solved successfully.

Ask a Question