Cannot connect to wifi in safe mode with networking

Reaction score
Recently got a new graphics card and i'm trying to use direct driver unistall to uninstall the amd drivers to make way for the new invidia ones. DDU suggests that i get rid of the drivers in safe mode but it wont connect to the internet in the log in screen when booted into safe mode. There is a big red x on the network icon and when i click on it my only option is to go into airplane mode. Zero networks show up. I then restart the pc normally and once out of safe mode i connect to the internet just fine, this is only an issue when in safe mode with networking.

Reaction score
It shouldn't have any issues connecting unless maybe if you have an add in card or usb dongle, then it's probably not loading the drivers for them. There shouldn't be any reason to connect to the internet to run DDU, and you can download the drivers before booting in to safe mode.

Reaction score
If you Have the card in place, booting up normally into windows 10 will automatically find the drivers for you. Could take a few minutes, if it is needed to search on the internet. You will experience a couple of momentary black screens whilst the drivers are loaded.
You will then be in a better situation to dump the surplus AMD drivers.

Reaction score
May this issue sort by enabling drivers. So, to enable, follow the steps:
Drivers: While in safe Mode with Networking,
Open the Device Manager
Double click to expand Network Adapter
Right click on the Driver and Select Enable.

Reaction score
Hi Donovan.
The thread is over a month old, and the OP has not responded. I would assume that he has solved the problem or gone elsewhere - only one post in these forums.

Ask a Question