Win. 10 laptop cannot connect to printer on Win. 10 computer

Reaction score
I can connect to the computer, access and see the documents on the computer, see the printer on the other computer, but when I try to connect it prompts for a username and password. I input the username and password and it says "the credentials supplied are not sufficient to access this printer". It used to work just fine, it stopped working the other day after I updated my computer. The printer is shared and I am on the same network. I am not using a home group. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
- Ryan

Reaction score
You have to make sure from your printer manufacturers that whether you printer can go through with Windows 10. Many are facing same problem due to this.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
When you are prompted for credentials it is asking for the UserName and Password of a user on the computer hosting (sharing) the network resource (printer), and.....
You need to prefix the username with the machine name of the computer hosting the network resource, so.....
IF the printer is hosted on ComputerOne and a user on Computer One is JohnSmith and his password is P@$$w0rd, then.....
It should look something like this

User Name Box in the credential prompt = ComputerOne\JohnSmith (separated by a backslash)
Password Box in the credential prompt = P@$$w0rd

Check the box that says save or remember.... You should be good to go.

Ask a Question