Cannot Connect Any Bluetooth Keyboards

Reaction score
everytime i try to connect a bluetooth keyboard, windows asks for a passcode that i type on the keyboard... no matter how many times i type the passcode, windows wont accept it... i have tried with 2 different bluetooth keyboards and same problem... how do i disable the passcode?

Reaction score
I just connected my keyboard. I went to Settings - Devices - Bluetooth.

Then selected to add a device and selected Bluetooth devices. I had turned on my keyboard and then hit a connect button to get the led to change colors.

The Passkey poped up and said to enter the passkey on the device and press return, which I did.

The keyboard completed the pairing and connecting.

If there is a difference in your process, can you tell us where?

Reaction score
nope, this is precisely what i did.. the difference maybe is that sometimes the passcode disappears before i can get a chance to read it

Reaction score
The only two things I might suggest are first, if you have another set of numbers on the keyboard, try those.

If that doesn't help, uninstall the Bluetooth driver and reinstall. When I uninstall a driver, I use the Device Manager and uninstall the device and check the box to uninstall all drivers. If you have a driver available to reinstall, you may want to do this while offline.

When the passcode window disappears early, is the LED still blinking colors? Are you taking too much time to hit the enter key?

My keyboard is an HP K4000 which seems to be very reliable. It may also be a problem with your Bluetooth device in Win 10.

Sorry I don't know a way to disable the passcode since it is used to assign that keyboard to only one machine.. You do only have the one system you are trying to pair with?

Reaction score
I think this has been solved with the creators update. I just bought a new bluetooth keyboard and it connects and works. I went into bluetooth and searched for new devices, windows found it, i typed the passcode and windows said there was a problem connecting the keyboard and then it worked, which doesn't make any sense but it works regardless. Anyway, I'd like to avoid this problem in the future so is there a way to disable passcodes for bluetooth devices?

Reaction score
No, that didn't help. And here we are again. Windows is once again blocking my access to my keyboard. ARGH! :mad: I haven't been so mad for many years. It's such a douchebag move to prevent people from using computer equipment they bought perfectly legal.

Reaction score
HI Ghaeng,

do both the KB and Windows require a password?, it might just be a case that you need to put in a PW for both the KB and Windows, something like "0000" will do!. :)

Reaction score
As Wolfie mentioned check the numeral keys that you are using. Num Lock "ON" uses the numerals on the key pad, "OFF" allows you to use the other numeral keypad functions, similar to to the shift. key.

Reaction score
HI Ghaeng,

do both the KB and Windows require a password?, it might just be a case that you need to put in a PW for both the KB and Windows, something like "0000" will do!. :)

Could you clarify what you mean with putting a PW for both the keyboard and windows? I have tried typing 0000 and 1234 on the keyboard many times.

As Wolfie mentioned check the numeral keys that you are using. Num Lock "ON" uses the numerals on the key pad, "OFF" allows you to use the other numeral keypad functions, similar to to the shift. key.
I don't see a numlock button the keyboard anywhere.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
After doing some quick searches.....I finding that your particular USB bletooth adapter may be the root cause. It seems to be supported from windows 2000 through Vista. No support for windows 8/8.1/10 and it seems to be directed for use with phones. See here, so that being said you might want to look for a different adapter.

Here's a good one......
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADA25ME4708

Reaction score
I see, im going to order a bunch of new bluetooth adapters.Will come back with the results.

Reaction score
I did some progress..!

I found my old royal kludge rk61 keyboard and connected it. One click and it works. No pass codes or issues. It just works. Sadly i dont want to use this keyboard because the keys are way too steep, but it goes to show that you can easily connect bluetooth keyboards as long as you are not being asked to type a pass code that windows refuses to show.

Ask a Question