Cannot connect my Bluetooth device

Reaction score
I have a gorgeous new pair of Sony bluetooth headphones that I would VERY much like to use with my desktop PC. I have recently upgraded to windows 10, just in an effort to solve my issue, but it did not work.

My device is listed and reads as "paired". However I cannot select it as my default playback device. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I am about to pull my hair out.

Help?

Attachments

• bluetooth cap 1.jpg
    bluetooth cap 1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 830
Reaction score
Can you select the headphones as default when connected (via Bluetooth) to Windows or not?
When turned on do the headphone show connected?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Rebecca,

If you right-click on Start and select Device Manager, then expand Bluetooth what do you see listed?

Is your Bluetooth headset listed (by brand name) or is it showing Microsoft?

If it's showing Microsoft, then right-click on that and select Properties, then select the Driver tab. Next choose update driver and click the first option to search online for driver.

If that is not the problem. then another option would be to:
  • Press Windows key and S key together to give focus to your Search box
  • In the Search box type hdwwiz then press Enter key
  • A User Account Control alert will appear; click yes
  • In the Add hardware window that opens click Next
  • In the next window, check the radio button next to 'Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced), then click Next
  • In the next window scroll down and select your Bluetooth headset then click Next and follow instructions from there. You may need to also visit your computer manufacturer website to check for updates to any hardware drivers related to your Bluetooth hardware, unless you're using one of those USB Bluetooth connections, in which case that would not be necessary.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question