Network Locations

Reaction score
Hello there,

I noticed an icon named {Murad (gdvaio)} under network locations button. Just in the same window where my hard disk partitions are. It disappear shortly after few minutes.

What does it mean? And what could be the reason?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_2122.JPG
    IMG_2122.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 506
Reaction score
It is some type of Music server on some device. The device may not even be in your local network.

Try right clicking and get the IP address or webpage for it. Even if it is a server, it may not hold the type of files you can use.

Reaction score
@Saltgrass

Thanks a lot, Saltgrass.
It disappeared already. I am afraid some of my files were accessed.
Is there anyway to know whether an access was occured from different server?

Reaction score
Did you get its IP address?

Are you running a secured network? If you check for local wireless networks, does anything like that show up?

I see music servers from my NAS, DirecTv boxes and other local computers. If you have any phones, it might be one of those or someone's next door. I don't know of a way to check if your network unless you had some type of log in a Router or system. I would not worry about it and you may see it again.

Reaction score
Hello @Saltgrass ,

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the IP address.
And that name doesnt appear in my wifi networks' list neither.

Seems like I wasnt fast enough responding to that icon. I should have acted fast.

Thanks a lot @Saltgrass for your replys. They were enlightenin.

Ask a Question