Network problem

Reaction score
Hi i have just upgraded my two windows 7 computers to windows 10 both are running ok but i have a small problem connecting to my local network.

I don't use homegroup i just set certain folders to share with full permission both these computers are in my house juust in different rooms.

With windows 7 this worked ok buy now on windows 10. on one computer i can see both computers, but on my laptop i am not able to see my other computer

when i click the network icon but they will not connect

I get the message Windows cannot access\\laptop and when i click on Diagnose it still will not let me connect to the other computer

Also just a i click on the network icon i saw my two computers and my router plus i saw a phone (Not my phone) i clicked on it and it came up with the phone type and then it went off.

Is this someone on my network or is it this new Microsoft thing where windows 10 lets other users use your bandwidth if so how do i turn it off please

Ps the phone has just come back on the network, see screenshot

Attachments

• Phone.JPG
    Phone.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:

Ask a Question