Network Connection Problems

Reaction score
I use a desktop connected via Ethernet. When I start the computer I get the message 'Intel(R)82579LM Gigabit Network Connection adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware-related problems'.

I have been successfully running windows 10 for a long while, and I have not changed any settings or installed any new software.

Also, maybe unrelated, my network connection shows 'airplane mode' although I have never changed this, and indeed I cant find how to turn it off in 'settings'.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Bob,

Welcome to the Forum.

Re: Airplane mode

In System tray [ bottom right corner of screen ], click the Notification icon to view modes. If you only see 4 modes, then just above that you'll see expand and clicking that will reveal all the modes. One of these modes will be Airplane mode and clicking on this either turns it on or off.

If turning that off resolves things great! If it does not improve things, then:
  • Click Start > Settings cog > Update & security
  • Now on left side select Troubleshoot
  • Now run the Network adapter troubleshoot tool, which may be able to find the problem and fix it for you.

Ask a Question