Wireless Network Connection

Reaction score
Been working Windows 10 for a while and, yesterday, it dropped out my network connection, which I could not regain. Problem shown as Wireless Network Connection, no IP configuration. Googled smart phone and went to Command Prompt (Admin) facility. Inserted netsh data, but still no joy. Then inserted three different ipconfig details, re-started and got network connection. Worked OK for rest of day. This morning, same again! Repeated exercise of yesterday, but not confident of permanence. Anyone any suggestions?

Reaction score
Reboot your router and then see what happens.

If it persists then look at ipconfig /all and see what ip address, gateway, dns etc you are getting.
Look at the network adapter in device manager as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did you install the KB3201845 (came out yesterday)?
there have been reports of network connections being disconnected via DHCP. Microsoft has admitted to the problem.
A static IP is suppose to help.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, Grizzly. As things stand, my second try at using netsh and ipconfig inputs has worked. If it fails again, I will take up your suggestion.

Ask a Question