HP 802.11b/g Wireless Network Adapter stopped working

Reaction score
WiFi was working fine on Friday dead on Saturday. I checked the Events log in Properties and found a Device install requested @ 4:05 am (Device PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001B&SUBSYS_500111AD&REV_01\4&38a322f7&0&28A4 requires further installation. followed by Device Migrated, Device Configured, Device Started (Driver Name: netathrx.inf). @ 4:20 the Device was deleted @ 4:20 Device not migrated (could not be migrated.) There were several iterations of this sequence as I disabled then enabled or uninstalled then reinstalled but the result is always the same. no WiFi at all. My computer is a Lenovo Tower H405 with all the software up to date.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Use internet explorer and go here
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001B&SUBSYS_500111AD
download the driver from there.
I would recommend the
9/10/2015 10.0.0.327 version
of which there are two, one is for 64 bit the other for 32 bit system architecture, be sure and get the right one for your system.
Use 7zip to extract the .cab (cabinet) file and then install the driver using the manual method.
  1. Open the Device Manager.
  2. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device.
  3. Choose Update Driver Software.
  4. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  5. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  6. Select Have disk...
  7. Select Browse..
  8. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file in your case that will be athw10x.inf
  9. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.

Ask a Question