Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0x80248007

Reaction score
I have had this message after several failed attempts to install the Windows 10 Anniversary Update each lasting more than 2 days.Should I wait for Microsoft to solve the problem in the update or is there anything I can do to stop the update from loosing its way and having to be stopped? This is my PC(it's my wife's actually!)

PC Spec.PNG

Reaction score
It is recommended that you first run the Windows Update troubleshooter to help you with the problem. If the troubleshooter does not work, reset Windows Update Service.

Reaction score
Thanks for prompt response, trimful.

I have run the Windows Update troubleshooter - it said it had made a fix but sadly did not solve the problem.

I would like to follow your second suggestion but don't know how to 'reset' the Windows Update Service

Reaction score
I have tried again and I THINK that it goes into the loop when the upgrade is just over 30% complete and when it is re-starting after the first shut down.

Reaction score
Hi PMSG
Did you get that update problem solved?
I could not update Win 10. Was receiving various error messages. Tried Win Update Troubleshooter - nothing useful.
On my modem/firewall, I changed settings to allow ActiveX through. Win 10 Update started on next attempt.
Once updates were installed, I changed my firewall settings to block ActiveX again.

Let me know if this works for you
OldDog

Reaction score
The last query, post #4) , was in November last year. Never concluded but maybe solved by now.

Ask a Question