Lost network connection

Reaction score
I have a Dell Inspiron with windows 10 . Suddenly it will not connect to my WIFI and it keeps showing the WIFI as off but it will not allow the button to slide into the on position and stay there. It is months since I have had any updates and e mails cannot be rceived via windows 10 and I have to use Google Chrome to check e mails. Why all these problems ?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
it keeps showing the WIFI as off but it will not allow the button to slide into the on position and stay there
IF you move the switch into the "ON" position and hold it there, does your wifi reflect that?
Sometimes those switches are not intended to stay in the on position but rather just to slide to activate and then return to a neutral position.
Does the computer have a wifi light that lets you know that it is on or off?

IF the switch is indeed broken and will not remain in the "ON" position (if it is designed to do so), you might try some judicial application of tape to see if that will keep it where it belongs
OR
You might find yourself in need of a wireless USB dongle.
https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=wifi+usb+dongle
There not too expensive, just make sure to check the reviews and make sure that you choose one that is confirmed to work with Windows 10.

Ask a Question