New insider build 11082 available now

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up.
I'll give it a rip later.

Reaction score
On my two insider machines once I had downloaded ( via Windows update) 10586.29 the watermark went away as did the expiry date shown in Winver. Now with this new build 11082.1000 both the watermark and the expiry are back.

So I wonder. If I reversed out of this upgrade whether I'd end up with two more free permanent W10 installations.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
On my two insider machines once I had downloaded ( via Windows update) 10586.29 the watermark went away as did the expiry date shown in Winver. Now with this new build 11082.1000 both the watermark and the expiry are back.

So I wonder. If I reversed out of this upgrade whether I'd end up with two more free permanent W10 installations.

Thoughts?
No you would not. I have read that there are many issues with this build such as explained here:

http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-releases-windows-10-insiders-build-11082-changes-onecore

I think I will pass with Christmas coming up, not a good time to test builds.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Done and done.
Capture.PNG

All seems fine and the upgrade went smoothly.
Although there isn't much to blow your skirt up that I can find.
The expiration date of 7/15/2016 may give some insight as to when we might expect Redstone to go public.
I guess we'll see.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm getting terrible performance out of Internet Explorer with this new build.
A lot of lagging, when scrolling various sites. Some tab not responding messages with multiple (only a couple) open.
When comparing versions of I.E. between the one in the new preview and the one on my main machine I get
MainMachineIE.PNG
Current public build

PreviewBuildIE.PNG
Latest preview build

They are definitely different and actually the preview build version seems to be older.

Reaction score
I don't use IE and I only use Edge for 3 sites. I presume after all the hype that Edge does NOT use the IE engine underneath. I haven't noticed any problems with it.

Reaction score
Is there a trick involved to get this Update? I have tried in vain for days. I am still a member of the Insider's Program..??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It is a Fast Ring only update for now.
So if you're still on the Slow Ring it wouldn't be available.
At least that is my understanding.

Reaction score
I must be on the slow ring, I'm still stuck at Ver 10.0 Build 10240. When I check for updates , there's none available. When can I expect to be caught up with the updates? But then again my machine is running fine, don't need the hassles of fixing problems due to updates. But I need to be updated sooner or later so I'll need to deal with any issues anyway. Praying for a smooth update.

Reaction score
It is a Fast Ring only update for now.
So if you're still on the Slow Ring it wouldn't be available.
At least that is my understanding.
I am on the fast ring but I have Avast Internet Security installed but this never stopped it before??

Reaction score
I must be on the slow ring, I'm still stuck at Ver 10.0 Build 10240. When I check for updates , there's none available. When can I expect to be caught up with the updates? But then again my machine is running fine, don't need the hassles of fixing problems due to updates. But I need to be updated sooner or later so I'll need to deal with any issues anyway. Praying for a smooth update.
I do not think you are an Insider so this thread would not apply to you. Your update will come but you just have to wait. There may be a way to jump to version 1511, build 10586.36 but you would have to go back to your original Windows OS and upgrade from there. I think the upgrade would take you directly to 1511. I could be wrong about that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I do not think you are an Insider so this thread would not apply to you. Your update will come but you just have to wait. There may be a way to jump to version 1511, build 10586.36 but you would have to go back to your original Windows OS and upgrade from there. I think the upgrade would take you directly to 1511. I could be wrong about that.

I think an official update from official 10240 would go straight to 10586.29 and then update to 10586.36 which is the current 'retail' build for non-insiders, but it might sequentially download the assorted non cumulative updates such as the updates to Flash on the way there.

My main pc is a 'retail' machine on 10586.36 and both my Insider registered machines are on 11082.

The only way to get to 11082 is to be an insider.

Reaction score
Just to bring this new sub forum up to date. Current build for non insiders, Tim, is:

Build.PNG

members on the insider will, hopefully, kee4p us outsiders informed here.

Ask a Question