New Nvidia Driver 364.51

Reaction score
I cannot install this driver it fails every time. I have tried about 5 times

Reaction score
I have 364.47. I haven't been offered 364.51. Maybe it isn't available for my cheapo GT630

2 minutes later Yes I have, I'll download and see if it works.

4 minutes later. It installed fine. I did notice that it installed some Visual Studio C++ redistributable stuff which a new Nvidia driver doesn't do every time. Also I installed in over 10586.164

I will go and try in on my Insider desktop.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just went and grabbed it and will attempt to install.
I'll let you know how I get on and see if I have any issues.
It's kind of a big deal for me to install a new GPU driver as I always.
Boot to safe mode and run Display Driver Uninstaller first and then reboot normally and custom install the new nVidia driver (leaving off the 3D stuff).

Reaction score
Boot to safe mode and run Display Driver Uninstaller first and then reboot normally and custom install the new nVidia driver (leaving off the 3D stuff).

I did that then I tried a normal install and it said it was updated but the version stayed the same. I went back to 364.47 .

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Everything went as normal.

Capture.JPG

Reaction score
Later. Tried on the Insider desktop ( ancient Intel Core-duo) with a GT430 video card.
Running W10 insider 14279-rs1 160229-1700.

Started to install 364.51 No install of any VS stuff. Stopped on the HD sound driver and said that the PhysX stuff was more recent on the PC than it was trying to install.

Video all worked fine with the new driver. Sound also worked fine presumably with the old driver.

Note that this set up does HDMI into a Yamaha AVR and then HDMI to a Toshiba TV.

Reaction score
Gideon, your machine hates you. ..Put Linux on it and buy a new Windows machine! ( Don't let the new machine be on the same sub net as the old one) <grin>

Reaction score
I have never done that. I just let GEForce Experience do the job for me and it has never failed yet.

Reaction score
Nvidia pulled 364.47 because of instability. I didn't have any issues installing 364.51. Always use DDU to uninstall old drivers GeForce Experience is very hit or miss removing older dll's.

Reaction score
I have finally got it to install, what was happening was MS was installing driver 358.91 which was blocking my install. I had to pull out my Ethernet cable.

Reaction score
Nvidia pulled 364.47 because of instability. I didn't have any issues installing 364.51. Always use DDU to uninstall old drivers GeForce Experience is very hit or miss removing older dll's.

I believe you...but I have never had a problem. Just luck I guess...and my Nvidia cards are a couple of generations back both in age and in power.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I don't use GeForce Experience, simply because it's just another program running that I find unnecessary. Not because of any particular dislike of what it does or how it works, just because I don't want sundry crap running, in the background on my machine. I do and have always preferred to handle my driver installations manually.
Now..... Microsoft has made that a little more difficult, but....
That won't keep me from continuing to try.

Reaction score
I don't use GeForce Experience, simply because it's just another program running that I find unnecessary. Not because of any particular dislike of what it does or how it works, just because I don't want sundry crap running, in the background on my machine. I do and have always preferred to handle my driver installations manually.
Now..... Microsoft has made that a little more difficult, but....
That won't keep me from continuing to try.

I do not either, I game and I do not need an app to figure out what settings to use.

Reaction score
I guess this thread is almost a month old but I just updated to 364,72. Since I just updated this system to Windows 10 yesterday it will take some time for me to judge how things are working, but my game seems to have better graphics.

I notice I have The Vulkan Run Time Libraries on my system now so perhaps this is part of a later Nvidia Driver?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I notice I have The Vulkan Run Time Libraries on my system now so perhaps this is part of a later Nvidia Driver?
Yep.... I noticed the same thing and yes they are part of the software / driver package now along with C ++ 2013 Redistributable. More software, that I didn't want or need, so...
As an experiment I just uninstalled both. As I'm not a gamer and all I need is a working driver for the nVidia GPU I decided to excercise my right to only have the software I wanted and needed, runing and updating on my computer.
So far.... even after a reboot, no ill effects. I'll continue to keep an eye on things and see what happens.

I don't typically chase all the latest "Game ready" driver updates, it just so happened that this was a clean install of the latest Insider Preview on my test machine and I wanted to maintain some control over what was being installed on it.

Ask a Question