Nvidia Quadro NVS 285 Display Driver

Reaction score
I wrote on the last post that Nvidia graphic drivers had been replaced with Microsoft Basic Display driver. It was OK for ordinal work, but it was terrible on CAD. I referred some of video on YouTube for Nvidia graphic cards. Prior to follow the ideas introduced on YouTube, I tried to install Nvidia driver package for Quadro NVS 285 card for windows 7and 8. Because Nvidia may not have plan to prepare drivers for windows 10 because very old. I wondered that the installation was completed without any interruption. Nvidia drivers took place on Deice Manager again. And CAD system run smoothly same like before.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nvidia drivers took place on Deice Manager again. And CAD system run smoothly same like before.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Hopefully others with similar hardware will find it helpful.
Much appreciated.

Reaction score
I wrote on the last post that Nvidia graphic drivers had been replaced with Microsoft Basic Display driver. It was OK for ordinal work, but it was terrible on CAD. I referred some of video on YouTube for Nvidia graphic cards. Prior to follow the ideas introduced on YouTube, I tried to install Nvidia driver package for Quadro NVS 285 card for windows 7and 8. Because Nvidia may not have plan to prepare drivers for windows 10 because very old. I wondered that the installation was completed without any interruption. Nvidia drivers took place on Deice Manager again. And CAD system run smoothly same like before.

Reaction score
I haver apair of nvs 285 that worked fine on 8.1 .. but on win 10 they show up .. as microsoftbasic display adapters .. Nothing I have tried has caused win 10 to see them as nvs 285 boards .. Do you have any knowledge of anyone getting these boards to work on win 10 .. I hate to go and buy new stuff and then find I had dumbed out and failed to do the proper thing to get stuff to work .. the win10 requirements say directx 9 is adequate and 128 mb of memory and a WDDM 1.0 driver .. I believe the 285 meets these specs ,, but I cant find a driver that makes these boards serve 2 montors or even both come alive at the same time eventho the device manager sees 2 of them ,, Who knows about this kinda stuff .??.. thanks john

Ask a Question