SOLVED New SSD w/cloned HD: should I extend a Volume or create new drive via Simple Wizard?

Reaction score
If I extend a Volume, can I extend the C Drive?
If I extend, does it have to be the Volume next to the Unallocated one?
If I create a new drive D: in Simple New Wizard, will that work well with the original C Drive?

Thanks for any help.
Don (lecturer struggling with Zoom needing more space)
partitions.JPG

Attachments

• partitions.JPG
    partitions.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 107
Reaction score
You may need to move the unallocated partition next to the C partition before extending C into it.
You can use third party software like EaseUS partition manager to do this.

Reaction score
From what I've seen posted there have been issues with having a partition between the C: and unallocated space, would need to move the 2 small partitions to ahead of C: or behind the unallocated section before it could have C: extended into it. As mentioned a partitioning program would be needed, probably one that creates a bootable drive to avoid issues from within Windows.

I should have added you could create a New Simple Volume in that large space and use it for storage of files or Custom installing large programs on it. I've not yet seen the second partition in your image being after the C:, always was the first on the drive with the Boot/OS second.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks. I used EaseUS. Fired up the free (?) version and paid the $40 to allocate the unallocated space to C drive. Just needed to get it done.

Reaction score
I’m sure the free version does that but if you’re happy with the program then it’s good that you’ve supported the devs by purchasing it. :)

Reaction score
I agree with Bastet. It never hurts to support the devs, especially if you needed the extra functionality of the paid version. I've used it before and it's an excellent piece of software.

Ask a Question