Unable to boot from installed Cloned SSD

Reaction score
I have been unable to boot from the SSD on (F) drive. The drive was cloned using Macrium Reflect and installed after I got the computer. The system is:
Dell Precision T3600
Windows 10 Pro
Installed memory 16 GB
System Type 64 bit OS, x64-based processor Boot Screenshot.jpg

Reaction score
I have been unable to boot from the SSD on (F) drive. The drive was cloned using Macrium Reflect and installed after I got the computer. The system is:
Dell Precision T3600
Windows 10 Pro
Installed memory 16 GB
System Type 64 bit OS, x64-based processorView attachment 12425

Reaction score
Dell Precision T3600
Windows 10 Pro
Installed memory 16 GB
System Type 64 bit OS, x64-based processorView attachment 12425

You have a Raid Array setup which is different to an ordinary one disk Win-10 OS, you have to restore your Raid differently. See “Macrium Reflect and RAID systems” here: https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Macrium+Reflect+and+RAID+systems of how to as it states this:

The default WinPE rescue environment supports some (notably Intel Matrix and NVidia RAID), but not all, RAID controllers. Generally speaking, the WinPE rescue environment provided by Macrium Reflect does not support most RAID controllers as shipped. If your PC uses RAID then you may well need to add drivers to the WinPE environment by using the Create Rescue Media wizard.

You can also use “Acronis” and do this as I only have experience with Acronis:

-Power down the system
-Remove my current array and note their orientation, connected to which SATA port, etc.
-Install my new drives
-Start my machine, enter the RAID Configuration Utility - Ctrl+M, Ctrl+I... which ever it is for your controller (Do not boot into windows)
-Mark the drive as RAID members
-Choose your stripe size
-Create the array
Save and exit
There are only two things that will happen next
-Either your system will reset completely and POST... in which case I'd enter BIOS and confirm boot order looks good
or (more likely) windows will start
-I'd visit Disk Management and see what you've got there
-You should have an unformatted array

All you want is an array that appears as a single disk

Get your Boot CD and back up image ready

-Restart from your boot CD, select restore
-Single partition - restore the entire partition
-Extend it to the full size of the disk or desired size of the partition you want to create
-If the drive has multiple partitions, restore the partitions one at a time sequentially making each partition the size you want

Ask a Question