New Start Up Feature/App

Reaction score
I have a hotkey script that I wish to run at each start up on my laptop. I am the only user. Now I must move the mouse curser to the icon, right click it and then click the "Run Script" menu item. Sometimes I forget to do that so I want to have the 'puter do it itself. Any advice please?

Reaction score
Kind Sir could you please give me a more detailed answer? I can follow directions but I'm a bit challenged on my own. It really seems simple to me but I just don't know how to automate it. When I start up my laptop I move the mouse over to a specific icon, then right click it, then I click on the "Run Script" item. That's all I want to automate. Simple? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
There is a startup folder in Start Menu. Everything placed in that folder will run at startup. You can use links to the script or place the actual script in the startup folder.

As for scheduling task. That will work, but I've never considered using it myself. I'm more of a "I don't want anything running unless I start it" type of guy.

Reaction score
Kind Sir could you please give me a more detailed answer? I can follow directions but I'm a bit challenged on my own. It really seems simple to me but I just don't know how to automate it. When I start up my laptop I move the mouse over to a specific icon, then right click it, then I click on the "Run Script" item. That's all I want to automate. Simple? Thanks in advance!
Yes the link I posted will walk you through the process set by step you will need to point to the Script that you want to run on startup.
perhaps this tutorial will be more helpful. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/173596-how-create-task-run-app-script-logon-windows-10-a.html

Ask a Question