Start options

Reaction score
I would like to have a start screen with options right at the beginning:
- start (or login) as administrator, and
- normal start (or login)
but how?

Reaction score
Might consider a password on the User with administrator account and creating a Local or Guest account with no password, should show both on the log-in screen. When having issues that is what I do as a diagnostic to eliminate possibilities. Just be aware that a Guest account can't make many changes.

Reaction score
The only thing I might suggest is get Ultimate Windows Tweaker which is a utility used to tweak various windows behaviors and settings. It has a customization section and under "Universal UI" there is an option to "Enable User Switching so That User List Appears On Logon" which I think is what your aiming for.

Since UWT has that option there is a way to achieve the same thing without UWT, but I don't really know where to find that particular setting. It can probably be found in Regedit, but I don't know where, as well as the Microsoft Management Console, but the MMC isn't something a person should play with if they don't know what they're doing.

Ask a Question