Advanced Startup Options

Advanced Startup Options

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new article:

Advanced Startup Options - How to access Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

If you run in to serious problems with Windows 10, you may need to access the advanced startup options to begin troubleshooting your issue. Many of our other articles will refer to this page as an initial step, to avoid duplication.

From this options menu you'll be able to:
  • Choose a boot OS
  • Modify UEFI Settings
  • Restore from a System Image or Restore Point
  • Attempt Startup Repair
  • Change Startup Settings
  • Access the Command Prompt for more advanced troubleshooting...

Read more about this article...

Reaction score
Nice tutorial. There are many questions on the subject it will save time and duplication for sure.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Nice work. I am going to first print it to PDF and throw into my tool bag.. But I think it best to actually print a hard copy. I am so terrible with paper, but I' be much more worse off if I have no paper and an un-bootable PC right. I should test to see if I can log into this forum from my iPad. I can with my iphone but can't see a lot.

On that note, I have a question for you. For what ever reason, I am NOT able to log into the forum when I boot from my win 7 partition. It's the strangest thing! it just keeps telling me my user ID and password are incorrect!

Is there something in there that disallows a forum member from logging in from a win7 machine? I swear its true. I has tried twice. And tried up to 4 of my 5 allowances before being blocked for 15 minutes.

best regards al

Reaction score
Unfortunately I am unable to get to the advanced startup. Is there a way to get to it through Shift F10? I have been trying everything for the last day and a half and I think I'm going to have to take it in to get fixed....grrr Microsoft- this is the last update I will do on any of my computers

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately I am unable to get to the advanced startup. Is there a way to get to it through Shift F10? I have been trying everything for the last day and a half and I think I'm going to have to take it in to get fixed....grrr Microsoft- this is the last update I will do on any of my computers

What state is your PC in at the moment - can you boot to Windows at all?

Reaction score
It is screwed...I cannot get to windows. I ended up calling Micorsoft tech support and they had me download another copy of windows 10 onto a USB and now I have to call them today to download it onto the laptop. I sure hope this works because I have spent almost 3 days on it.

Ask a Question