SOLVED Automatic Repair loop with no advanced options

Reaction score
When I turn on my laptop it goes to the Automatic Repair screen (your pc did not start correctly. Press restart to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also press Advanced Options to try other options to repair your PC)

I click restart and it comes back to this screen over again.

I click on Advanced Options and I get a blank blue screen with no options to select. I don't have a Windows 10 installation disk either.

I would be grateful for any help

Reaction score
HI Heather809,

I think you may need to create a Windows disk USB stick first otherwise you won't be able to enter the repair functions of the menu (you need to boot from the USB stick and run the repair functions from the USB stick!).

Try downloading the "Create Windows 10 installation media" on a friends PC and you will need a pre-formatted USB (FAT32) of no less than 4GB in size.

Download the tool form here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 :D

I hope it helps. :)

Reaction score
Hi, thank you. I realised my camera memory card was still in the computer and when I removed it the Advanced Options appeared. System Restore didn't work but telling it to remove and reinstall Windows did.

Thank you

Reaction score
Hello ! Same issue here, except that im stuck in a kind of loop :
In my case, when i switch on the computer, i have "preparing automatic repair" then black screen > "diagnosing your pc" then black screen > "reparations attempts" then black screen. And at this moment instead of getting the command prompt (blue screen) with "restart and advanced options", the loop goes over and over with those 3 steps !

Any ideas ?
Thank you

Ask a Question