No Audio Output device is installed

Reaction score
Googling around most attempts to find a solution tell me to open Device Manager (which I did), and click on "Sound, video, and game controllers" - and would you believe this does not appear in Device Manager. Why???

Reaction score
Well, I became smart yesterday and did something I forgot about........I used system restore, and "voila".....everything is now fine.

Reaction score
Hello Felix Adeyanju,
At first run audio troubleshooter, for that Right-click on the volume icon in your system tray, then click on “Troubleshoot sound problems”. then
Wait for the troubleshooter to detect issues. If anything is identified, you’ll be able to fix it with the click of a button. then check if your audio works now.

If not then update your audio driver. For that press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard and click on the Device Manager option from the menu. Then, expand the Sound, video, and game controllers menu by clicking on the arrow next to it. Then, Right-click on your audio device listed in the menu and choose Update Driver. After then, Allow Windows 10 to look for the newest driver on your local computer or online, then follow any on-screen instructions.

Or you can Update Windows 10 to the latest version to fix the audio problem. Check any hardware issues have on your PC.

Reaction score
Quite an old thread. Possibly the op solved the problem but did not bother to ackowledge

Ask a Question