No audio output.

Reaction score
McCaffy scanned my windows 10 laptop and then updated a few things. I had sound before but now I have none. I did a troubleshoot and It said I have no audio output driver. I did the things they suggested but no good. Please help!!!!!

Reaction score
Have you checked device manager to see if the audio driver is just disabled? If it claims to not be there then iw Device manager sees the device, tell it to re-install the driver.

I have no proof of this but it seems to me that running McAfee or Norton on W10 causes more problems than they fix. I and others who believe this get rid of McAfee and run Defender which is integrated into W10 and get a copy of Malwarebytes to run every few days as well.

Reaction score
You need an audio output driver or update your audio driver.
For that press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard and click on the Device Manager option from the menu. Then, expand the Sound, video, and game controllers menu by clicking on the arrow next to it. Then, Right-click on your audio device listed in the menu and choose Update Driver. After then, Allow Windows 10 to look for the newest driver on your local computer or online, then follow any on-screen instructions.

Or you can Update Windows 10 to the latest version to fix the audio problem. Check any hardware issues have on your PC.

Reaction score
Have you checked device manager to see if the audio driver is just disabled? If it claims to not be there then iw Device manager sees the device, tell it to re-install the driver.

I have no proof of this but it seems to me that running McAfee or Norton on W10 causes more problems than they fix. I and others who believe this get rid of McAfee and run Defender which is integrated into W10 and get a copy of Malwarebytes to run every few days as well.
"I have no proof of this but it seems to me that running McAfee or Norton on W10 causes more problems than they fix."
:D;) Right on!

Reaction score
"I have no proof of this but it seems to me that running McAfee or Norton on W10 causes more problems than they fix."
:D;) Right on!
I agree. I've diagnosed dumps from countless systems that could be laid at the door of a third party antimalware tool. I do think that they are really just a faster way to a BSOD....

Ask a Question