No option to delete photos from SD card after importing

Reaction score
Until very recently, when importing photos from an SD card, the option came up to delete photos from the card after importing. That option has disappeared. The photos import as they used to, but I can't erase the pics from the SD card. This just happened about 10 days ago, and I haven't been able to find a solution. Ideas?

Reaction score
Which program are you using? Which Version of Windows [hold down the Windows key and press R, type winver]?

Reaction score
SD card’s can have a lock switch on the side, make sure this isn't on.

Reaction score
Again, what program are you using? Is it a third-party installation, probably something that came with the camera? Or is it a feature that came with Windows?

Reaction score
Again, what program are you using? Is it a third-party installation, probably something that came with the camera? Or is it a feature that came with Windows?
Not sure if this is what you mean - the camera came with timetool.exe, which is being used, but my issue is that this system worked perfectly (same computer/OS etc.) up until about 10 days ago. I expect it is a result of one of the myriad of updates. The same problem is also showing up with my camera (Nikon Coolpix) and there was always the option to delete for that as well.

Reaction score
Yes, an update could have broken the program/s. A test would be to open File Explorer, click on the SD card/drive and delete from there [just simple file management], if that doesn't work then the card has an issue.

Reaction score
I can still delete using File Explorer, but it is much less convenient than the auto delete that was there before. I need to do this a lot.

Ask a Question