No Screen Saver, won't shutdown

Reaction score
Screen saver will not start. No shutdown, sleep, etc. using the Power Management. Stays on desktop forever. Can shut it down manually, but not using the Power Mgmt tools.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
When you click the start button....do you not see a "power" tab? Then clicking that you are presented with three options.....sleep, shut down, restart.

Reaction score
When you click the start button....do you not see a "power" tab? Then clicking that you are presented with three options.....sleep, shut down, restart.

Yes, I can shut it down manually. But using the Power Management options (where you can tell the display when to turn off and the computer to sleep) they do not work no matter what I set the time at for them to turn off.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Do you have "require a password on wake up" enabled. Not that it has a bearing on anything, just asking. Mine works perfectly fine.

Reaction score
I have the same problem worked perfectly fine before the update now the screensaver will not come on at all waiting for a fix as this is annoying since I never turn off my laptop

Reaction score
My screen saver worked for the first couple of hours and now the display never goes off unless I put it to sleep or turn it off.

Reaction score
yea mine is pretty much the same I restarted my laptop last night and it worked but after running a few hours it stops working. heres to hoping whatever fixes yours also fixes mine and that the fix comes soon.

Reaction score
Add me to the list. Several others on other forums too. I did powercfg and found nothing there at all. Turned off all power control my network adapter had and still no screen saver activation on my desktop. It will be interesting how my backup laptop does when I upgrade it.

Reaction score
Add me to that list ... interesting fact I upgraded my laptop and desktop... Laptop works fine with the screen saver but desktop doesn't. Read on thread that windows 10 is a laptop and pad operating system. IE Has a battery. Desk top doesn't ... so it wouldn't ever need to power save?

Reaction score
I am in the same boat, since upgrade from windows 7 pro, screen saver will not activate and display will not shut down as it is set to do.

Reaction score
My screensaver and monitor shutting off are now working as intended. It so far has been doing so since this morning now keep in mind I am still testing this but so far it seems to work the screensaver will come on at the specified time and then the monitor will turn off at it's specified time. Here is what I did I uninstalled all HID compliant devices in the device manager I was looking around in there and have a keypad I use that is showing up twice in there and it appeared that there were several HID compliant devices in there as well so I uninstalled them and rebooted my pc they were automatically reinstalled upon reboot including the two for my keypad but ever since then my screensaver and monitor shutting off seems to be working as intended. I will keep you posted if it stops working again.

Reaction score
Thought I would give one final update since I have uninstalled my HID devices and reinstalled them my screensaver has been working flawlessly and as intended and the monitor will also go off at the specified interval I am now considering this issue resolved.

Ask a Question