No signal on monitor

Reaction score
Hi
I have been using windows 10 more or less since it launched with no problem, I am using an Asus desktop bought new in 2014. I recently installed an update and all was working ok but then this morning it was flickering so I restarted machine now all I can get is no signal on monitor. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting but no change so I cant even go into safe mode.
Any ideas anyone ????

Reaction score
Does the monitor show your systems boot screens? The one with the HD detection and other stuff? Should be a text based black screen with white letters. If you can't see that during boot, then it's more than likely a monitor or cable problem. Flickering is usually a loose cable connection. Besides reseating the cable into the monitor, make sure your connection to your video card is tight. If that doesn't work, you may have lost your video card. If you have more than one connection on your video card, try that one instead.

If the boot screen does come but you can't see Windows, try pressing the Win+P key to set your monitor. Although you can't see it, press the up arrow and release everything. If that doesn't work, press the combo again and the up arrow again. Repeat until you have tried all four possible settings. Hopefully it just got out of sync somehow.

Reaction score
Does the monitor show your systems boot screens? The one with the HD detection and other stuff? Should be a text based black screen with white letters. If you can't see that during boot, then it's more than likely a monitor or cable problem. Flickering is usually a loose cable connection. Besides reseating the cable into the monitor, make sure your connection to your video card is tight. If that doesn't work, you may have lost your video card. If you have more than one connection on your video card, try that one instead.

If the boot screen does come but you can't see Windows, try pressing the Win+P key to set your monitor. Although you can't see it, press the up arrow and release everything. If that doesn't work, press the combo again and the up arrow again. Repeat until you have tried all four possible settings. Hopefully it just got out of sync somehow.
Thank u for yr reply will try what u said

Ask a Question