SOLVED No sound from speakers?

Reaction score
Hello, I purchased the Logitech Z200 and after first use it was playing the sounds normally though after installing a driver from Realtek the speakers seems to not work anymore. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver but no luck, the jack is plugged into the 'Speaker' (Green) jack and the speakers are plugged in. Windows recognizes that the speaker is plugged in and it shows green levels when testing through the volume mixer but there's just no sound coming out.

Anyone know what's the issue?

EDIT:
More info: Motherboard - Asus Z390-P, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i59600k @ 3.70GHz
I have a Logitech G430 Headset that works fine when plugged in, the monitor also outputs sounds (Asus VP228)

Reaction score
If your headset is working fine and the speakers are not, then the problem is not your computer and no driver will improve that.
may I ask a stupid question? Do you have connected the power supply to the speakers?? Without power the speakers will not do anything.

Reaction score
If your headset is working fine and the speakers are not, then the problem is not your computer and no driver will improve that.
may I ask a stupid question? Do you have connected the power supply to the speakers?? Without power the speakers will not do anything.

Hello, and yeah the speakers are plugged in with power. The thing is it was working before and was outputting sounds normally but not doing it anymore

Reaction score
Go into Device Manager, double-click the sound device, click on the "Driver" tab and see if "Roll Back Driver" is available. If it is, select it. If not, select "Update Driver", "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer". If one is found, install it. You may have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.

Ben

Reaction score
from what you are saying I would conclude that your speaker maybe took a dump, meaning that they are defective.

Can you plug those speakers in somewhere else (your cellphone maybe) and do they work?

Ask a Question