SOLVED Number of connections to this computer is limited...

Reaction score
Hello

SOE: Windows 10 Professional (1709), unactivated.

Local account login (not RDP) throws following message on blue background:
"The number of connections to this computer is limited and all connections are in use right now. Try connecting later or contact your system administrator."

I've had a look around for solutions including adding MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server/MaxConnectionsPerServer DWORDS to the registry to no avail.

Seems like a Terminal Services issue. Safe mode is enterable so changes and checks can be made there. Wondering if another Windows 10 Update bomb has hit.

Does anybody have any insight that may lead to a solution please?

Richard

Reaction score
Windows 10 Professional (1709), unactivated.
How are you getting by with your Win10 Unactivated? It's possible there are restrictions until it gets activated and what you are seeing may be one of them.

Reaction score
How are you getting by with your Win10 Unactivated?
Awesome question.
#1, PC isn't mine it's a customer's. I only found out it wasn't activated after snooping around in the system (no visual cues in safe mode and I can't log into normal mode)
#2 I thought about what you said and I had my suspicions about what restrictions an unactivated Windows 10 places on the system because I've never seen them

Can you even activate from safe mode?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Use safe mode to get into device manager.
From there....
Disable your network adapters (Ethernet and or wireless)
Reboot to normal boot and see if you can log in.
IF so....
Go back to device manager and enable the network adapter(s).
Rumor has it, it can be a network adapter driver or some third party networking software.

Reaction score
I would ask the "customer" to activate it.

It is definitely a "customer" from a well known Australian car dealership whom received the computer new only about a month ago. A test reinstall of Windows 10 proves that it has a genuine digital license attached.

Disable your network adapters (Ethernet and or wireless)

Thank you, will try this yet untried option

Reaction score
I still feel the first option is to ask him to contact the seller and get it activated. It is unwise of him to accept the computer unactivated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Decided to reformat it in the end. On the subject of unactivated, yes for that and other 3rd party software it is going back to them for further work. Thanks to all - solved (sort of)

Reaction score
As to Safe Mode, generally a lot of things that are needed such as drivers for devices don't get loaded so having access to the Internet may be an issue preventing activation.

Ask a Question